The library is located at Hegelstraße 59, 1st floor.
Opening hours of the library during the pandemic:
Due to the changed rules regarding the use of rooms at JGU, we are able to open the library again almost regularly. Please note the following information:
- The library will be open during the current semester (from 18.10.2021) from Mon. to Thurs. from 10:00 - 18:00 and Friday from 10:00 - 14:00.
- To use the library, log in via the JGU app when you enter - the corresponding QR code is posted on the library's entrance door.
- The 3G rule applies in the library; please note that you will need to carry proof of full vaccination, recovery or a recent (lecture or daily) PCR test.
- There are usable workstations marked on the tables in the library. Please only use these places and otherwise keep a distance of 1.5m from other users.
- The previous hygiene rules will continue to apply.
- The lending system is suspended; all volumes are again reference stock. Books/magazines may be taken to the photocopier in the foyer on the ground floor during opening hours. After use, they must be returned to their place on the shelf. Volumes marked with a red dot may not be copied.
Opening hours of the library:
Mo.-Do. 10:00-18:00; Fr.: 10:00 - 14:00
Opening hours during the holidays:
The library contains publications about the history, philology and archaeology of the ancient near east.
The image database of the Near Eastern Archaeology can be used for searching images. Access to the database is provided for employees and students.
Access to the database: https://images.ub.uni-mainz.de/search (Please use the "Anmeldedienst" on the second page).
When using the images, please indicate the appropriate rights (see extra tab on the far right). A reference to the database is not sufficient.