Dear users of the Egyptology and Ancient Oriental Studies Library,
Due to the changed rules regarding the use of rooms at the JGU, we are able to open the library almost regularly again. Please note the following information:
- The library will be open during the current semester (from 18.10.2021) from Mon. to Thurs. from 10:00 - 18:00 and Friday from 10:00 - 14:00.
- To use the library, log in via the JGU app when you enter - the corresponding QR code is posted on the library's entrance door*.
- The 3G rule applies in the library; please note that you will need to carry proof of full vaccination, recovery or a recent (lecture or daily) PCR test.
- There are usable workstations marked on the tables in the library. Please only use these places and otherwise keep a distance of 1.5m from other users.
- The previous hygiene rules will continue to apply.
- The lending system is suspended; all volumes are again reference stock. Books/magazines may be taken to the photocopier in the foyer on the ground floor during opening hours. After use, they must be returned to their place on the shelf. Volumes marked with a red dot may not be copied.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the library and wish you a good start to the new semester.
With kind regards
Departments of Egyptology, Ancient Near Eastern Philology, Near Eastern Archaeology
*Users who do not have a smartphone or do not wish to use the JGU app have the option of generating a personal QR code and asking other users to log in: https://kontakterfassung.uni-mainz.de/persoenlichen-barcode-erstellen/ Please note that the code must be generated before entering the library.